|Why women and girls?
- One in three women has been beaten, coerced into sex
or otherwise abused in their lifetime.
- Women work two-thirds of the world’s
but earn only 10 percent of the world’s income and own less
1 percent of the world’s property.
- By age 18, girls have received an average of 4.4
fewer years education than her boys.
- 60 percent of the world’s working poor are
- That we improve the lives of women and girls through
programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
- That all women and girls have the resources and
opportunities to reach their full potential and live their